ABS features in 3D printing
Date of release:2018-11-12 Author: Click:
The temperature required to print ABS is a little higher than PLA, typically around 230 degrees. A toxic odor is produced when printing, and the room is kept as ventilated as possible during the printing process.
1. Amorphous material, medium fluidity, large moisture absorption, must be fully dried, and the plastic parts with glossy surface requirements must be preheated and dried for a long time.
2. It is advisable to take high material temperature, but the material temperature is too high to be easily decomposed (decomposition temperature is >270 degrees). For high precision plastic parts, the mold temperature should be 50-60 degrees, for high gloss and heat resistant plastic parts. The mold temperature should be 60-80 degrees.
3. If you need to solve the water trap, you need to improve the fluidity of the material, adopt high material temperature, high mold temperature, or change the water level.
4. If the heat-resistant grade or flame-retardant grade material is formed, the plastic decomposition product will remain on the surface of the mold after 3-7 days of production, which will cause the surface of the mold to be bright, and the mold needs to be cleaned in time, and the surface of the mold needs to be increased.
5. In the 3D printing industry, acetone is often used for surface finishing.
ABS is currently the largest and most widely used polymer. It combines the properties of PS, SAN and BS organically, and has excellent mechanical properties such as toughness, hardness and rigid phase balance.
It has many advantages, good dimensional stability, electrical properties, wear resistance, chemical resistance, dyeability, molding processing and machining performance.
ABS is resistant to water, inorganic salts, alkalis and acids, is insoluble in most alcohols and hydrocarbon solvents, and is readily soluble in aldehydes, ketones, esters and certain chlorinated hydrocarbons.
The disadvantage is that the heat distortion temperature is low, flammable, and poor weather resistance.
The address of this article:http://www.3delements.hk/news/391.html
- 3D printing in aerospace technology applications
- A brief history of 3D printing development
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of 3d printing consumables abs and pla and hips materials?
- 3 common 3D printing problems and solutions（next）
- 3D printing main features
- 3 common 3D printing problems and solutions
- Why is the 3D printing material ABS used the most?
- Which is better for 3D printing materials?
- 3D printing Will the PLA material be decomposed by water?
- 3D printing development prospects