What are the commonly used materials for 3D printing?
Date of release:2016-07-27 Author: Click:
It is understood that there are more than 200 types of 3D printing materials available at present, but it is not enough for the complicated products in reality. If these printed materials are classified, they can be classified into petrochemical products, biological products, metal products, and lime concrete products. The following are commonly used in the industry:
(1) ABS plastic ABS can be used. It is the most commonly used printing material for FDM. Currently, there are many colors to choose from. It is the favorite printing material for consumer 3D printer users, such as printing toys and creative home accessories. ABS materials are usually in the form of filaments that are heated and melted through a 3D printing nozzle. Since the nozzle needs to be solidified immediately after the nozzle is ejected, the temperature of the nozzle heating is controlled to be 1 ° C to 2 ° C higher than the thermal melting point of the ABS material. Different ABSs are not compatible with the nozzles whose temperature cannot be adjusted due to the different melting points. This is why it is best to buy printed materials from the original manufacturer.
(2) PLA plastic PLA plastic fuse can be said to be another very common printing material, especially for consumer-grade 3D printers, PLA can be degraded, is an environmentally friendly material. PLA does not generally require a heated bed. This is not like ABS, so PLA is easy to use and more suitable for low-end 3D printers. The PLA is available in multiple colors and is also available in translucent red, blue, green and fully transparent materials. For the same reasons as ABS, the versatility of PLA needs to be improved.
(3) Alec Acrylic materials Alec (Plexiglas) materials have a good surface finish and can print transparent and translucent products. Currently, Alec materials can be used to model teeth for orthodontic treatment.
(4) Alumide This material is mixed with aluminum powder in the powder of nylon. It is printed by SLS technology. The finished product has metallic luster, which is often used in the printing of creative products for decorations and jewelry. .
(5) Ceramic ceramic powder is sintered by SLS. Glazed ceramic products can be used to hold food. Many people use ceramics to print personalized cups. Of course, 3D printing cannot complete the high-temperature firing of ceramics. It is now necessary to perform high temperature firing after printing is completed.
(6) Resin resin is an important material for SLA-Stereolithography photocuring. It has many kinds of changes, and it is transparent and semi-solid. It can make intermediate design process model. Because its forming precision is higher than FDM, it can be As a biological model or a medical model.
(7) Glass The real glass is currently being tested. The glass powder is printed by SLS technology. The glass material varies in the same amount as the resin and polypropylene.
(8) Stainless Steel (Stainless Steel) stainless steel is hard and has a strong firmness. Stainless steel powder is sintered in 3D using SLS technology and is available in silver, bronze and white. Stainless steel can be used to make models, modern art and many functional and decorative items.
(9) Other metals - silver, gold and titanium. These metal materials are sintered with SLS powder. Gold and silver can be used to print jewelry. Titanium is a commonly used material for high-end 3D printers. It is used to print components on aerospace vehicles. .
(10) Color printing and other materials Color printing has two cases, one is the same or different materials of two or more colors are extruded from the respective nozzles, the most common is the consumer-grade FDM double nozzle printer. A limited color combination is formed by a combination of two or more materials. The other is to use the principle of inkjet printer, through the combination of different dyes, and the adhesive mixed into the printing material powder for solidification, in theory, this technology can print out "real color" 3D items. The printing material is usually selected from resin, polypropylene or ABS.